There is a secret level in the new game Diablo 3 where there are cartoon characters hidden within levels of demons. These killer unicorns along with creatures that look seemingly familiar with care bears and rainbow brite characters or my little pony ponies creatures are violent and can still kill you despite their cuteness.
Some call it secret pony level, secret unicorn level, or care bears level! But in truth, it is really called Whimsyshire level.
The secret level is similar to the “Cow Level” in Diablo 2.
Once gamers enter the level, they will get a feat of strength, a banner and a sigil. The smiling clouds, bright colorful rainbows, unicorns, teddy bears and ponies go around the place that gamers can smash and bash. The quickest way is to have somebody who has all the ingredients take you there.
Gamers can visit Whimsyshire as often as they want. Once a gamer found the secret level, he will receive a “Land of Killer Unicorns” achievement.
First, you must create a Staff of Herding to find Whimsyshire.
- Black Mushroom – This spawns in Cathedral Level 1, Act 1
- Shinbone – Spawns randomly in the fireplace in Leoric’s Manor, Act 1
- Liquid Rainbow – Spawns in the Mysterious Cave in the Mysterious Chest in the Oasis, Act 2. Save the old man and he will open the chest.
- Wirts Bell is sold by a merchants in the city, Act 2.
- Gibbering Gemstone – A random drop from Chiltara in the Caverns of Frost, Act 3. It’s in the Fields of Slaughter, Ballistae fight area. If you get Ice Caverns exit out try again. The mob is random.
- The Plans for the Staff of Herding drops randomly from Izual, Act 4.
- 50,000 gold is required, once all pieces are obtained, to craft the staff.
- The Plans for the Nightmarish Staff of Herding can be bought for 1 gold off of Gorell the Quartermaster in Act 4, on Nightmare difficulty. The Plans randomly spawns on the list. Only the Staff of Herding and 200,000 gold are required to craft the staff.
The player named Zerofire posted instructions on how to get to Whimsyshire. Gamers should have “Black Mushroom spawns in cathedral level 1 ACT1. Shinbone is located randomly in the fireplace in leorics manor ACT1. Liquid Rainbow is located from the Mysterious Cave in the Mysterious chest in the Oasis in ACT2. You will know it is the right place when you save the old man and he opens it up.”
“The spawn point is always the same for the event. Wirts Bell is sold from one of the merchants in the city on ACT2. Gibbering Gemstone drops from Chiltara in the caverns of frost ACT3 (The area where you destroy the ballistae) if you get Ice caverns exit out and start a new game. The mob itself is random. The plans drop randomly from Izual on ACT4.” After doing this, gamers will be able to open the portal leading to the secret level.
There is also another secret level named Development hell, or find the unburied Jay Wilson.