Buying a camera here in the Philippines? Here are some stores where you can purchase that latest digicam, parts, accessories and other such items.
Just be careful in that area. Send someone over or go with a friend, dress down and don’t act too flashy.
You’ll find practically everything here. Among the more interesting things:
- Darkroom chemicals and supplies, papers, tanks, trays, and (few)enlargers;
- Enlargers and lenses, albeit few and far between these days;
- Second hand curiosities like Dual Lens Reflex Bronicas, Nikon Fs, the occasional Leica, old Mamiyas and Yashicas? lots of neat stuff, in various states of wear or disrepair;
- Camera repair shops who will clean lenses and fix mechanical;
- All manner of films from the plain (Kodak Gold) to the slightly esoteric (Ilford 3200’s), and even a few that defy categorization (lucky, colpan, etc);
- Rechargeable batteries and their accompanying rechargers;
- Bits and pieces–lens caps, body caps, cables, filters;
- Tripods galore, Manfrotto and Slik among others;
- Studio lighting, strobes and bulbs, diffusers, umbrellas, softboxes;
- Camera bags and lots of other accessories;
- Film and digital cameras (and accessories) across all major brands, and, of course;
- Everything Nikon and Canon.
While the selection may be far from complete, it sure beats any mall-based store you can find. And everything is within walking distance.
Avenue Photo Supply
712 R.Hidalgo St., Quiapo, Manila
Phone: 733-2761, 733-5474, 734-3307
713 R.Hidalgo St., Quiapo, Manila
Phone: 734-4471, 734-3304 to 05, 733-4565, 733-5531
Henry’s Photo Supply
310 P. Gomez St., Quiapo, Manila
Phone: 733-7723, 734-6198
111, 113, 115 C. Palanca St., Quiapo, Manila
Phone: 733-7598, 733-7722
Watson Photo Shop
312 P. Gomez St., Quiapo, Manila